About Me

My photo
This is a blog for John Weber. One of my joys in life is helping others get ahead in life. Content here will be focused on that from this date forward. John was a Skype for Business MVP (2015-2018) - before that, a Lync Server MVP (2010-2014). I used to write a variety of articles (https://tsoorad.blogspot.com) on technical issues with a smattering of other interests. I have a variety of certifications dating back to Novell CNE and working up through the Microsoft MCP stack to MCITP multiple times. FWIW, I am on my third career - ex-USMC, retired US Army. I have a fancy MBA. The opinions expressed on this blog are mine and mine alone.

2013/08/07

Server 2012 Cannot Eject Mounted ISO

Mounted an ISO from a network resource \\servername\sharename\imagename.iso

Then it would not eject. “An error occurred while ejecting DVD drive…”  Ya think?

clip_image001

I exhausted my voluminous (read minimal) “the drive is stuck” knowledge base.  UofG and UofB gave me nothing.  However, I did discover some nifty powershell stuff like mount-diskimage, dismount-diskimage, and the ubiquitous get-diskimage.

But, alas! no joy in Mudville.

One of my co-workers Lync’d up and gave me this suggestion:  compmgmt.msc, drive management, eject from there.  Wala!

image

I assume (well, my budro says…) that something got “stuck” and had a file or something open and it won’t let the normal UI eject the drive, but the Drive Management tools will do it.  Can we assume this will be effective in Windows 8 also?  I hope I never find out, but you know how that goes.

I am currently genuflecting towards Marrietta, Georgia.  Thank you Edward Walton, the Man, the Legend.

YMMV

No comments:

test 02 Feb

this is a test it’s only a test this should be a picture